If you are attending a college or another professional school, check with us: NSCAD University has agreements with colleges, high schools, and other partners across Canada to increase student mobility and ensure a smooth academic transition to a university degree program at NSCAD.
Transfer, articulation and pathway agreement.
NSCAD University has agreements with colleges across Canada that provide advanced standing to their graduates who continue on to undergraduate degree programs. These agreements are called â€śarticulation agreementsâ€ť and they provide students with an excellent option for a pathway from college to university. Some NSCAD programs provide a â€ś2+2â€ť option which means a two-year college diploma may be recognized for up to two years of a four-year university degree. Students may transfer 30 semester credits per year, or 15 credits per semester, to the maximum allowable non-resident credits. No more than 75 credits will be transferred toward degree programs at the university.
NOVA SCOTIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE (NSCC)
1) Agreement for transfer credit from the Diploma, Graphic Design (NSCC) to the Bachelor of Design, Major in Interdisciplinary Design (NSCAD). 2) Agreement for transfer credit from the Diploma, Screen Arts (NSCC) to the Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Film (NSCAD). 3) Agreement for transfer credit from the Diploma, Photography (NSCC) to the Bachelor of Fine Arts, Major in Photography (NSCAD).
1) Agreement for transfer credit from Dawsonâ€™s program in Illustration and Design to the Bachelor of Design, Major in Interdisciplinary Design (NSCAD).
FLEMING COLLEGEâ€™S HALIBURTON SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
1) Agreement for transfer credit from the Diploma, Visual and Creative Arts (Fleming) to the Bachelor of Fine Arts, Interdisciplinary degree NSCAD).
YUKON SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS (SOVA)
1) Agreement for block transfer credit from the Foundation Year (SOVA) to a degree in Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts or a Bachelor of Design, Major in Interdisciplinary Design (NSCAD).
NSCAD University has developed agreements with a number of partners to increase student mobility and to ensure a smooth academic transition to NSCAD. The active partnerships are:
NOVA SCOTIA INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAM (NSISP)
1) Agreement to allow international students graduating from public high schools in Nova Scotia to apply for admission under this cooperative agreement.
Lâ€™ECOLE DE JOAILLERIE DE MONTRĂ‰AL
1) Jewellery transfer credit equivalencies from Lâ€™Ă©cole de Joaillerie de MontrĂ©al to NSCADâ€™s Bachelor of Fine Art with a Major in Jewellery and Metalsmithing.
THE EAST COAST SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES (ECSL)
The East Coast School of Languages (ECSL) in Halifax has partnered with NSCAD University to provide training in English as a second language (ESL) and University Achievement Pathway (UAP). Applicants may be conditionally accepted to NSCAD degree programs pending successful completion of UAP at ECSL. Students who successfully complete UAP at ECSL do not have to submit an ELP test to NSCAD for admission.
INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR EAP AT CAPE BRETON UNIVERSITY (ICEAP)
NSCAD has signed a partnership agreement with the International Centre for EAP at Cape Breton University to be an authorized English-language training partner of NSCAD offering English Academic Preparation Programs to prospective NSCAD students.